文字サイズ

Construction Photo Corner

Introducing the changes that took place until the construction of the new Prefectural Office Main Building, using photographs from the Shiga Prefectural Office Commemorative Magazine and other sources.

Facade of the old Prefectural Office

5旧庁舎正面

Photo courtesy of Obayashi Corporation

The old Prefectural Office was completed in June 1888, and used for 49 years, until its dismantling in June 1937.

Full view of the old Prefectural Office 1

6旧庁舎全景2

The old Prefectural Office occupied the same location as the current one.

Full view of the old Prefectural Office 2

4旧庁舎全景

Scene of the move from the old Prefectural Office to the Temporary Office

7移転風景

Front Gate of the Temporary Prefectural Office

8仮庁舎正門

 The Prefectural Public Hall and Products Display Center, on the north bank of the canal in Bessho, Otsu, were used as the temporary offices.

Scene of the Dismantling of the old Prefectural Office

旧解体

Ground-Breaking Ceremony for the Prefectural Office Main Building (October 14, 1937)

1地鎮祭

Scene of the Construction of the New Office

2建設中の新庁舎

Cornerstone Ceremony (November 8, 1938)

定礎式

At the cornerstone ceremony, Governor Toshitaka Taira placed a commemorative plaque, inscribed with a list of names of the people involved in the project, at the cornerstone on the right side of the front entrance.

Completion Ceremony (May 16, 1939)

3旗行列

 Students in Otsu held a flag-bearing procession to celebrate the completion of construction on May 16, 1939.

お問い合わせ

滋賀県総務部総務課 
電話番号:077-528-3113
FAX番号:077-528-4811
メールアドレス:ba00@pref.shiga.lg.jp